The Generation Church conference (our MAIN purpose for going) was awesome! We definitely learned a lot and had a great time worshipping God. We did a TON of stuff within a period of 9 days (perfect amount of time) and we LAUGHED SO MUCH. Hope you like the pics...
SEATTLE 2008
Here is the foyer of the Hyatt hotel we stayed at for the first weekend (we got a sweet deal from a friend).
The rooms were AWESOME
Outside the hotel
We went on a City Tour Bus the first day we were there. It was perfect, we really got to know the city AND it was a beautiful day - NO RAIN!This is Pioneer Square (the older part of Seattle)
Fremont Troll (apparently in the movie "10 Things I hate about You"). I think it's awesome that this girl is picking his nose!
Waves (Seattle has a lot of Art pieces all over the city and many tourist areas)
Sky line...one of our stops on the tour
Hey...here's the number for the tour if you ever want to go...aha
Krista and I on the tour bus (it was FULL after we got on...we were the first pick up)
This is the Glasshouse Studio...where they make these amazing glass pieces right in front of you! I wanted to take it ALL home...
Another view of the City!
It was so cool...this was one of the few days we could get a clear view of the mountains...it is pretty misty in Seattle and sometimes hard to see far away!
Another day we went to Pike Place Market (really famous part of Seattle). Very cool...tons of venders.
They sell beautiful flowers for really CHEAP!
Back at the Hotel!
Hotel entrance...aha that's my hummer!
TGI Fridays...we basically ate here a lot! Our GPS unit knew it well...
Snoqualmie Falls...we went here after church on Sunday...it was hilarious because it was POURING! The rain made it that much more of an adventure...
The falls have as much power as Niagara Falls in Ontario...they're just MUCH SMALLER!
Space Needle...like the CN Tower in Toronto just smaller
At the top of the space needle
View from top of space needle...pretty cool
Sleeping on the Kirkland waterfront (it was a really beautiful day and we found this nice waterfront park and definitely fell asleep for like 30 minutes!)
Krista and I at one of the MANY MANY church meetings. We dont have a lot of the church stuff because we weren't really allowed to take any...they broadcast a lot of their stuff. You can check them out though online at www.generationchurch.org
Worship...we were up in the balcony for one of the nights
This is the view from our trip home on the plane...TOTALLY BEAUTIFUL...I wanted to walk on these clouds - I wish you could!
These next two pictures are of us after getting up at 4:00 AM to catch our flight
We got bumped to SUPER EXECUTIVE CLASS...for our last flight home...I felt like a movie star. The seats actually reclined to full sleeping position, and I had a stir fry on rice and desert! We were pleased to say the least!
THE END
No comments:
Post a Comment