So everyone...just thought I'd pop in and say, it's been a while!
I am definitely feeling much more familiar now with my new home. I've had a few opportunities to travel around a bit locally and have seen bits of Sydney here and there. I also took a short trip to Melbourne in June. It was a great time...so much fun! Cool city, very modern and artsy...we stayed in St. Kilda in a hostel, interesting experience, St. Kilda was lovely though. I would love to go back some time when the weather is warmer. Maybe some day for the Australia Open!
We are in our final month of winter...and I must say, even though it is MUCH warmer than Nova Scotia winters, it is not as warm as you might think. Evenings get pretty chilly around here and layers of clothing and socks are a must if you are interested in sleeping. I have also purchased a hot water bottle, first one I've ever owned. Definitely ideal, such a nice, inexpensive way to keep warm. My housmates and I would often sit and watch movies with a cup of tea/coffee/milo, our warm blankets and hot water bottles...on occasion we also threw in a hat! I do like walking to college in this weather though...the days are as warm as our warmer autumn days at home and the sun is out the majority of the time. I could get used to this!
The church is really incredible, the more I'm here the more thankful I am to be learning from the wonderful leaders and trainers. We just had a new batch of students come in a few weeks ago, and we have finished our third week of semester two! Loving college, I feel like this year is such a key year in my relationship with God, building character and solidifying my beliefs. I love the heart of the church to Love God and Love Others...and how the focus is on the "one". With such a LARGE church, they are constantly aiming to connect people and let them know they are a part of the family. People's lives are being changed every week!
I am still looking for a job. Hoping to find one soon :)
I think that's all for now. Missing family and friends at home...and Starbucks!
Lots of love
No comments:
Post a Comment