Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I Then Shall Live

Ok, so I'm going to be a bit vulnerable here, because I'm going to admit to a bit of a secret! I REALLY like the Gaither Vocal Band and other powerful Gospel music. Here is a recent favorite that my Mom shared with me...it's called "I Then Shall Live" and the words of the song are so so so good. I put a link to the video at the bottom...

It's written by Gloria Gaither. Just check out these lyrics:

I then shall live as one who’s been forgiven
Ill walk with joy to know my debts are paid.
I know my name is clear before my Father
I am His child, and I am not afraid.

So greatly pardoned, Ill forgive another
The law of love I gladly will obey.
I then shall live as one who’s learned compassion

I’ve been so loved that Ill risk loving, too.
I know how fear builds walls instead of bridges
I dare to see another’s point of view.

And when relationships demand commitment,
Then Ill be there to care and follow through.

Your kingdom come around and through and in me,
Your power and glory, let them shine thru me.
Your Hallowed Name O may I bear with honor,
And may Your living Kingdom come in me.

The Bread of Life, O may I share with honor,
And may You feed a hungry world thru me.

My favorite part of the song, if I could pick one part...is the line that says "So greatly pardoned, Ill forgive another"...it just really made me think of how much God has forgiven me...and that in return I need to forgive others. Like the scripture that says "We love Him because he first loved us." 1 John 4:19 NKJV In loving Him...we too are able to love others and forgive them.

The final two paragraphs are awesome too...

You really should listen to this song (check out this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxyBMQJuTuc)

Have a great night!!

No comments: