Sunday, January 24, 2010

Summa Down Unda!!

Well blog land....I know many of you have been anticipating some detailed and exciting blog updates on my adventures of these past few weeks! Unfortunately, I have had some delays in getting internet set up at my new house and this limits the amount of time I can spend on the computer.

There are so many things to say...I'll try to get as much out as possible in the next few minutes while I sit here at the Maca's (that's Australian for McDonalds!)

Well, my flights went really well, LONG, but connections were perfect, no delays and I got to sit by some lovely people! One lady was from New Zealand, and the other was from Australia, so I got some pretty great tips on both places (I hope New Zealand is one of my future adventures when I get some time to travel!).

I arrived very early on Monday morning, January 11, found my shuttle bus to the church. I felt as though the college leaders had had an encounter with Jeanne Mayo (haha) they were so welcoming and friendly.  They took me to my new place (I hope to post pics soon) and took me out shopping for food and house stuff! The house is FULLY furnished (such a major blessing)! I'm rooming with 6 other girls...but I have a room to myself...so awesome!

I've spent the rest of these past two weeks getting to know my roommates, getting to know the area, shopping for house stuff...and going to church. It's so crazy going to church with all of the people I've spent so long listening to on United Live albums and Pastor Brian Houston. This past weekend John and Lisa Bevere spoke at church (they're amazing)...and Darlene Zchech led worship on Sunday!

School orientation is this Wednesday, SO looking forward to start classes! I've met some great people already...many more to meet!


Should get internet hooked up soon...then I'll be online much more! That's all for now

Love you all
Feel free to comment on my blog posts...I'd love to hear from you. It keeps me connected to home!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear you arrived safe and sound! I have talked to your mom a couple times since you left, giving her lots of hugs for you! Can't wait to hear about school when it starts up for you! SO happy and excited about what God is going to do in your life! Keep us posted! you are missed dearly! xoxo

Shaun and Michelle Slauenwhite said...

Glad things are going well Ash!! Really excited for what's in store for you!

Diana said...

Keep the updates coming! Love you and miss you.

Anonymous said...

miss u ashley,glad ur doing okay.im doing quite well.glad ur getting to meet new and wonderful people just like urself.ur an amazing friend and always will be.

anyways talk to you soon,miss ya ashley,from matt arthur

Unknown said...

Thinking of you Ashley and praying for you! Love you! Lisa Anne