Saturday, January 30, 2010

Yeah Pics FINALLY!

Finally able to upload some pics here at McDonalds...but before I talk about the pics, I want to give a quick update! I'm still having a wonderful time! I had orientation last week (Wednesday and Thursday) and we had some pretty awesome chapel times, lots of worship and then our Principal and other college trainers took some time to prepare us spiritually and practically for what we're about to experience as students of Hillsong International Leadership College.

I'm off to church tomorrow morning and evening, we have Monday off and then we have what they call INTENSIVES...that's three full days of classes Tuesday to Thursday (8:30 AM - 5:30 PM). After being in Australia for almost 3 whole weeks now, I am so ready to get started. So I'll keep you up to date on what happens next week for sure. Also...great news, I now have an iPhone, which means, I can check my emails, tweets and facebook msgs from home (even without WiFi). WiFi in the house should be up next weekend (fingers are crossed)...apparently it's normal for stuff like this to take so long to set up. One more week of McDonalds shouldn't be too bad!

Ok get ready for some sample pics (I'll post more on Facebook later)...

This is my room!
First Sunday at Church!
Roomie Amanda from England (left) and new friend Audrey from Indonesia (right) - Audrey helped me set up my room, etc on the first day! She's amazing...
Another housemate, Danielle (left) she's from Texas! I have 6 housemates in total :)
Sunday night church...
In front of the opera house a few saturdays ago! Got my first burn that day...
At gloria jeans to cool off

More to come soon! Love and miss you all xo

3 comments:

Shaun and Michelle Slauenwhite said...

Glad you are having an amazing time!!!!!

Suzanne said...

So glad to see this blog, Ashley, and it looks like you're having an amazing time! Can't wait to hear more updates and see more pics! Enjoy every moment!!!!

Yukes said...

Ash love the update...enjoy every second of your adventure!!!
Miss my work neighbor, Joanna has died her hair dark so from behind it kind of looks like you sitting there...LOL!