Just wanted to send a bit of an update to everyone back home and really whoever is reading this...
Tomorrow is February 11...I arrived on January 11, which means, I've officially survived the first month of living in a totally new country, new house with new people, in a new culture and a brand new church with new leaders, etc....
SO MUCH NEW and I must say it's been exactly what I needed.
I complete my two weeks of intensives in college tomorrow (intensives are three full days in a row of lectures, different trainers and subjects)...needless to say these weeks have definitely been intense and challenging, but they've also been exactly what I need to push me to the next level of my relationship with the Lord and strengthen me to serve the Church the best I can!
I have SO MUCH to learn...so much to absorb. If you're praying for me and my time here...please pray I'm the best human sponge ever, and that I can put into action what I'm taking in so that I'm not just getting full of information. I want to take everything that comes in and turn it into something useful and effective for God. The teaching is life changing and I feel so blessed to be a part of this college and under it's leadership.
I've already started to serve...we serve during the week and then two services on the weekend. I am helping out with the college during the week (Tuesday afternoons) and then I am a part of one of Hillsong's extension services (different campuses all over the community). It's called the South West Campus...I am a part of the welcome lounge...which means I get to talk to first timers and new believers and help them get connected to the church! It's wonderful and difficult at the same time...wonderful because I love meeting new people...challenging because I am still new to the church and don't know many of the leaders and other volunteers yet. This will all come in time for sure....so I'm really looking forward to what this experience has for me...I'm pretty stoked to get back into serving, I've missed it greatly!
Regular classes start next week...which means a consistent schedule and routine. I'm looking forward to that too...
I think that's all I have for now. I miss you all...thanks for checking in and praying for me!
Check out some of my pics below!
G'day
Ashley
1 comment:
Hey Ashley! So glad you're fitting in so well! Of course it's because you're in the Lord's will for your life right now! :o)
Thanks for being specific as to your prayer concerns so I'll know exactly what you want prayer for when the Lord places you on my heart.
Soak it all in! He is the potter and you are the clay. He will shape you, mold you and perfect you as you sit at His feet and learn more of Him. And what a beautiful vessel He will have to use for His glory!
You are awesome! Blessings and love to you!
Suzanne
Post a Comment