Well I've had a really great week! I have taken a bit more time to read this week than I have in a really long time...and I've been able to hang out with some friends that I have not had a chance to even talk to in a while, so that has been a huge highlight for me.
Tonight I went to a Graduation Celebration for two of my friends (Angela and Jami) who just graduated from their degree in Nursing. It seems like it's been a long time coming, but our growing up has happened so fast...I can't believe we're all in our 20's. I am thoroughly enjoying this season in my life though, I couldn't ask for more. I feel so incredibly blessed to have such great friends, family and a wonderful job that I am passionate about. I think it's a great sign that when I go to work on Mondays, I am so happy to be there!! What more could I ask for? I actually have been reading through Psalms right now and wow...David expresses a lot of his feelings of gratitude towards God...even in the hard times he constantly speaks of God as his full provider and source of life...check out this awesome verse in Psalm 16:7-11
"I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel; My heart also instructs me in the night seasons. I have set the Lord always before me; Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; My flesh also will rest in hope. For you will not leave my soul in Sheol (the domain of the dead), Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption. You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
What a great chunk of scripture...What a great God!
Have sweet dreams tonight :)
No comments:
Post a Comment