Sunday, September 16, 2007

Mother Teresa

wow...I am almost at a loss for words to describe how I feel right now!

I just watched a movie based on the life of Mother Teresa (thank you Sherisse for such a powerful gift). It is the kind of movie that stirs up love and compassion for others like I have not yet experienced. The movie showed the beautiful person that she was, wholly devoted to God. Her selflessness showes me my selfishness, her faith in God as her provider, her source, her everything...exposes areas in my life where I lack faith and trust in Him. Her life was full, her heart was big...her servant spirit tireless. I'm sitting here thinking, how can I make my life count in the way that she did...she cared for those who had never received care, she saved the lives of those that most would pass by. She gave water to the thirsty, fed those who were hungry and worked her whole life to house those in poverty. She was so humble and did only what God asked of her. In heaven I can only imagine the crown and mansions...

She loved endlessly, forgave always...helped those in need. Hmm...

I really have nothing more to say...I do recommend that you see this movie.



1 comment:

sherisse doucette said...

Well Im glad you like the movie, now I'm gonna have to borrow it from you soon!