Friday, July 6, 2007

Faith...

Went to see "Evan Almighty" tonight, great movie! I'm not really one to watch movies but this one was recommended to me by some very trusted sources and so I thought I'd check it out...

It had such a great message to it, it was SOOO clean and the best part is that it totally challenged me in how much I'm willing to obey God when He tells me to do something big. It's so easy to say "God, I'll follow you no matter what, what ever it takes, even if it means that I look crazy for doing it!"...but when you look at what Noah (and this character in the movie, Evan) faced, building an ark when there was no sign 0f rain and everyday listening to the people ridicule him...it's not like an ark is easy to hide...but Noah listened because God had spoken so clearly to him, and it was better to put up with the ridicule of the people than to disobey God.

What an awesome step of faith...to do something so extreme and extraordinary, something so out of the norm that no one expects...and just stepping into the unknown simply because God tells you to...that requires a TON of trust. I would only hope that if God asks me to do something that appears in the natural to be ABSOLUTELY CRAZY that I would do it no matter what the cost.

Anyways, if you don't get to see the movie (which is also incredibly funny by the way), you should check out the bible in Genesis 6 ish. It's a pretty inspiring story!



1 comment:

Evan said...

hey,

ya it was kinda crazy when the producers asked me if they could make a movie on my lifes story...at first i was a bit apprehensive, but in the end i decided it would be a good idea.